A mug of the whole milk tea has 200 calories, which is more than a can of soda. If you use 120 ml of whole milk for a 240 ml beverage. It will pack 75 calories just from the milk. However, you can reduce the calorie count by 42 just by converting skim milk.
How many calories are in milk tea?
Tea with water and coffee is considered a non-calorie drink. It has some calories but very few. This makes it ideal for dieters.
For example, green tea has only two calories per cup – it is nothing. Also, it does not contain any carbohydrates, sugars, or fat.
If you add a teaspoon of granulated sugar, you will get extra 15.4 calories and 4 grams of carbohydrates. Add two teaspoons and you will get 30.8 calories and 7.8 grams of carbohydrates. It does not seem like much, but the calories increase.
Milk will increase the number of calories in a cup of tea. It depending on what type of milk you use, you will get:
- Whole milk: It may contain 40 calories, 2 grams of protein, 2.3 grams of fat, and 3 grams of carbohydrates per ¼ cup.
- Organic low-fat milk: It may contain 32 calories, 2.8 grams of protein, 0.6 grams of fat, and 4 grams of carbohydrates per ¼ cup.
- Non-fat milk: It may contain 25 calories, 2.4 grams of protein, 0.2 grams of fat, and 3.4 grams of carbohydrates per ¼ cup.
- Goat’s milk: it may contain 25 calories, 2 grams of protein, 0.6 grams of fat, and 2.8 grams of carbohydrates per ¼ cup.
- Evaporated milk: It may contain 40 calories, 2 grams of protein, 2 grams of fat, and 3 grams of carbohydrates per ¼ cup.
- Sweetened condensed milk: it may contain 130 calories, 3 grams of protein, 3 grams of fat, and 22 grams of carbohydrates per serving (two tablespoons).
Let’s do the Math:
If you add 2 tablespoons of condensed milk and 2 tablespoons of sugar to a cup of tea. You will get 160.8 calories and 30 grams of carbohydrates. That’s about 4,502 calories per month from tea with milk and sugar.
A daily cup of tea with milk and sugar can provide more calories on monthly basis. If you don’t burn those extra calories through exercise or reduce your total energy intake, you will gain weight. For more related articles visit Discover health tips