How to Check for Lice in Blonde Hair?
In the modern world, there are still people who suffer from lice. There used to be a stereotype that this disease affects only very poor people who do not adhere to the rules of hygiene. Later, the reasons for the transmission of pediculosis were reliably established. Which showed that there was nothing to do with the rules of hygiene and their observance by a particular person in this matter. How to Check for Lice in Blonde Hair?
What kind of Disease is Pediculosis, and Who are lice
Pediculosis is a disease when lice appear on the human body. Of course, not every species of these insects can take root on the human body.
The human louse is an insect from the order of parasites. There are two varieties that are found in humans – head and pubic. The first lives in the hair on the head, and the second in the hairline of the pubic area of the body. Both of them are quite difficult to get rid of, although they do not penetrate the body.
Pediculosis is diagnosed when there are a lot of these parasites on the body . It is difficult to fight parasites, as they multiply very actively. For example, an adult female is able to lay an average of 6 eggs (nits) per day. Very quickly, a larva hatches from an egg, which after 10 days becomes an adult.
The complexity of breeding also lies in the fact that these insects are microscopic in size. It is rather difficult to notice their appearance in the hair. Therefore, by the time their presence is obvious, they have time to multiply to a huge number.
How to understand that you have lice: The main symptoms of Pediculosis
Experts say that the first symptoms and signs of lice infestation appear in humans only after a few weeks. This is due to the reasons given above. Sources of infection include:
- Close contact with a person who already has lice.
- Wearing the same headgear with an infected person;
- Use of one pillowcase together with the infected.
- Most often, pediculosis is detected in children and those who use the services of dubious or cheap hotels.
The main symptoms of this disease include:
- The appearance of gray-brown or white dots on the hair. Gray-brown are lice, and white are their eggs or, as they are also called, nits.
- The appearance of red spots on the skin of the head are traces of lice bites. They feed on blood in the skin of the head and the nutrients of the epithelium.
- Itching, as a symptom of the presence of the parasite, is extremely rare – in about 15-25% of cases of infection.
- Allergic reactions on the skin can also be one of the signs of lice. In the course of feeding on human blood, this insect pierces the skin and injects saliva into it. Some people may be allergic to it .
- Abundant appearance of “dandruff”, for which many take lice larvae (nits). Such dandruff is almost impossible to shake off. The eggs are very firmly attached with an adhesive to the very base of the hair root on the surface of the skin.
- The symptoms are not very obvious, because they can find many other explanations. Checking if there are lice is quite simple. You can take a magnifying glass and ask family members to carefully examine what is happening in the hair.
How to check for Lice in Blonde Hair
What if there is no way to contact someone for help in this matter? There are several ways to understand that you have lice.
Many are wondering how to see lice in blond hair, because they have a small body (from 3 to 5 mm), which is distinguished by a nondescript color. Individuals can have both gray and light brown color. It is very difficult to detect them visually, both in light and dark hair, until the number of individuals increases several times. So how do you know if you have lice? You can find out about this by a number of signs, which include:
• frequent desire to scratch your head (which will only increase over time);
• an indication of relatives that small red spots appeared in the area of \u200b\u200bthe ears or on the scalp (bites) ;
• you can recognize if there are lice by the frequent appearance of a feeling that the hair is moving on its own;
• You can accurately determine the appearance of the parasite by a large amount of dandruff, which is not combed out with a comb and is not treated with special means.
All this in combination can talk about the appearance of a human louse. When in doubt, it is best to consult a doctor and undergo an examination.
Lice in Blonde Hair
Lice are a common problem for women with blonde hair. They are tiny insects, about the size of a sesame seed and can only be seen when they move. Lice are parasites found in human hair. They can move by crawling, or they can jump or hop. Lice live on your scalp and can only move by crawling. They have wings that help them fly.
While lice can be a nuisance, they’re actually a very minor skin condition that affects less than five percent of American children. If you’ve noticed white spots or specks on your scalp, read on to learn what’s going on.
Adult female lice can live up to 30 days. They can live in clothing and on your hair, but they may also be spread through contact with infected people. Adult lice are small, flat, and not visible to the naked eye. Their colors range from brown through black and grey to white.
What to do if lice are found in blonde hair
If doubts about pediculosis infection are confirmed, a number of mandatory measures must be taken:
Washing at elevated temperatures of all bed linen .
- Isolation from public places, and preferably from family members. These parasites are transmitted through close human contact. At the time of treatment, you need to exclude all communication with other people, or at least reduce it as much as possible.
- The modern method of treating this disease makes it possible not to visit a doctor. If you are sure that you have lice, it is enough to purchase a specialized drug at the pharmacy (it is available without a prescription) and start following the instructions.
The main means of treating pediculosis
Among the funds intended for the treatment of pediculosis, the following can be distinguished:
This method is effective only as an addition to the use of special tools. Lice and nits need to be combed out with a special comb with frequent teeth. To do this, it is necessary to separate individual strands from the total mass of hair and comb them thoroughly. It is desirable to do this over a dark canvas or paper so that the combed out larvae are visible.
Previously, for the treatment of pediculosis, traditional medicine methods were used that are dangerous to humans – kerosene, dust treatment, and so on . Do not use such aggressive methods. There are safer ways, such as cranberry juice with honey. Both ingredients are mixed in equal proportions and applied to the hair and scalp. After half an hour, lice and nits are carefully combed out.
Proven pharmacy products.
The main thing that will be required to remove these parasites is an anti-pediculosis agent.
Even if a person has been cured of pediculosis once, this will not save him from the risk of re-infection. This can help preventive measures, which include:
Examination of the head under a magnifying glass for pediculosis
- Regular examination of the head of oneself and family members , because finding a parasite means already starting an effective fight against it.
- Distance in public transport or crowded places of strangers.
- Regular washing of bed linen at high temperatures.
- The use of essential oils that have a deterrent effect on parasites: tea tree, lemon balm, thyme and rosemary.
- Wearing hairstyles with collected hair.