One piece of butter cookies contains 23.4 calories, while one piece of oatmeal cookies with raisins contains calories. It is worth noting that the calories in cookies vary according to the size of the cookies, the way they are cooked, and the toppings that are placed on them.
The following table shows the number of calories in different types and sizes of cookies:
|A medium sized piece of butter cookies||46.8|
|A medium sized piece of peanut butter cookies||47.4|
|A medium sized piece of peanut butter cookies stuffed with chocolate||56|
|A medium sized piece of ginger flavored cookies||41.5|
|A large piece of plain oatmeal cookie||81|
|A medium sized piece of sugar and vanilla cookies||46.4|
|A medium sized piece of cookies with molasses||43|
|A medium sized piece of oatmeal and raisin pieces||44.1|
|Medium sized piece of wafer chocolate cookies||43.3|
|A large piece of oatmeal cookies with chocolate and walnuts||105|
|A large piece of sugar and lemon cookies||119|
|A generous sized piece of peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies||79.5|
Tips on preparing cookies in a healthy way
The following points show some tips to improve the nutritional value of cookies and prepare them in a healthier way:
- Using nutrient-dense ingredients, such as adding fruits or vegetables, such as chopped apples, carrots, bananas, or pumpkin, to recipes to boost nutrients, flavor, and moisture. These ingredients can also be used in place of adding large amounts of butter or oil to a recipe.
- Use whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour when preparing the recipe.
- Use low-fat or fat-free products.
- Replace some of the butter with vegetable oil such as canola oil.
- Reduce added sugar, and replace it with vanilla beans or high-quality chocolate.
- Pay attention to portion sizes. Keeping portion sizes under control is an essential strategy for maintaining a healthy eating pattern, with miniature cookies.
How do I burn calories from cookies?
Exercising helps burn the calories consumed from foods, and in the following are some sports activities that help burn the calories gained by the body when eating a medium-sized piece of cookie containing 70 calories:
- Walk for 18 minutes.
- Jogging for 20 minutes.
- Bicycling for 10 minutes.