How many calories in a Grapefruit
1/2 of a white grapefruit contains 38.9 calories, while 1/2 of a pink grapefruit contains 51.7 calories. It is worth noting that grapefruit is a low-calorie citrus fruit.
How many calories in grapefruit juice?
The following points show the amount of calories that are found in different amounts and types of grapefruit:
- 1 cup of fresh white or pink grapefruit juice contains 96.3 calories.
- 1 cup of grapefruit slices canned with water contains 87.8 calories.
- 1 cup of grapefruit slices canned in its juice contains 92.1 calories.
- The juice of 1 white or pink grapefruit contains 76.4 calories.
- 1 cup of unsweetened bottled or canned grapefruit juice contains 95.1 calories.
There are many brands of grapefruit juice that contain added ingredients and are sweetened, which increases their caloric content. Therefore, it is advised to read the food label of the product before purchasing it.
Calories in common grapefruit dishes
The following shows how many calories are in some recipes that contain grapefruit:
- Contains 1 serving of grapefruit salad consisting of 1 small pink grapefruit, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon of sugar, 4 cups of lettuce, 4 tablespoons of crumbled feta cheese, 4 tablespoons of roasted heart nuts, a pinch of salt and black pepper, on 145 calories, and it is worth noting that these ingredients are enough to prepare 4 servings.
- 1 serving of grapefruit juice consisting of 2 pink grapefruits, 2 apples, 1/4 cup of cold water, and 1 teaspoon of honey or maple syrup contains 127 calories, and it must be noted that these Ingredients are enough to make 2 servings.
How to burn calories consuming Grapefruit
The number of calories that the body burns when exercising varies according to body weight and the nature of the sporting activity. The following table shows the time that must be spent in some types of exercise to burn the calories consumed when eating 1/2 of a white grapefruit, which contains 39 calories. Approximate calories, depending on the different categories of body weight.