How Many Calories in Fried Chicken Thigh
Cooked chicken thigh with skin contains 318 calories, while fried chicken thigh with breadcrumbs contains 373 calories. It is worth noting that the calories in chicken thigh vary according to the size and method of cooking, as well as by removing the skin and bone or not.
Calories in chicken thigh
The following table shows the number of calories found in different types and sizes of chicken thighs:
|Chicken thigh cooked with skin
|Skinless cooked chicken thigh
|Bone-in, skin-on fried chicken thigh with breadcrumbs
|Breaded chicken thigh with boneless skin removed
|Skinless and boneless fried chicken thigh
Calories in some common chicken thigh dishes
The number of calories varies in different dishes that contain chicken thigh, and here are some snacks that contain chicken thigh and the number of calories in each:
- Oven-roasted Asian chicken thigh consisting of a boneless, skinless chicken thigh piece with 1/4 tablespoon of crushed garlic, 1/4 tablespoon of Asian sauce and a little green onion and sesame, this recipe contains 336 calories.
- Crispy ranch thighs made with 2 skinless chicken legs, 1/4 cup buttermilk, 1/4 cup ground breadcrumbs, and 1 cup chopped fresh vegetables such as carrots, bell peppers, and cucumbers. This recipe contains 522 calories.
- Spicy chicken thighs made from 2 skinless chicken legs with 1 teaspoon of pepper sauce, 1 teaspoon of olive oil, and 1/4 teaspoon of smoked paprika. This recipe has 209 calories.
Chicken thigh content of nutrients
Chicken thigh contains many nutrients that are beneficial to health, including the following:
- Vitamin B2.
- Vitamin B3.
- Vitamin B6.
- Vitamin B12.
Health benefits of chicken thigh
Eating chicken thigh helps improve health in several ways, the most important of which are the following:
- Chicken is important for building body tissues and maintaining muscle mass.
- Rich in selenium, which is necessary for the body’s immunity and thyroid health.
- Rich in vitamins, such as vitamin B6 and vitamin B12, which play a major role in brain health.
- The protein in chicken is important for improving muscle and bone health.