How Many Calories in a Small Banana
The banana is a sweet, tasty fruit with interesting nutritional qualities that provide numerous benefits to our body. However, misconceptions such as that bananas provide too many calories, cause constipation or fattening have caused many people to avoid their daily consumption. Today we want to banish ancient myths about this extraordinary fruit, and we will tell you about all its properties so that you can incorporate it into your diet in a healthy way.
The Banana is not Fattening
The banana is a fruit rich in carbohydrates, especially in sugars when ripe, which makes it a quick and healthy source of energy. Consuming it when it is still green provides us with less sugar but more starch, making it an excellent option for people with diabetes to treat themselves to a sweet and healthy treat.
But How Many Calories in a Small Banana? It is its carbohydrate content that has fostered the popular belief that bananas are fattening. But contrary to that, 100 grams of this fruit only provide 85 calories, a much lower amount than many other foods. Thus, depending on its size, a small banana would provide us with about 55 calories, a medium one around 80, and a large one approximately 100.
In addition to being very digestive, this fruit has a high fiber content (around 3%) and is rich in peptin, a naturally occurring polysaccharide that helps regulate intestinal transit. As if that were not enough, it is an excellent source of Tryptophan, an essential amino acid precursor of serotonin, which helps reduce anxiety and lift your spirits naturally.
In short, the banana is an excellent and sweet snack that will help us regulate our hunger-satiety cycle, so it can become an excellent ally in weight loss diets.
Benefits of eating banana daily
- Incorporating a banana into our daily diet will provide us with numerous benefits thanks to its high content of vitamins and minerals, such as zinc, phosphorus, magnesium, iron, sulfur and calcium.
- It is rich in potassium, very beneficial for caring for our cardiovascular health and reducing blood pressure while promoting proper muscle contraction.
- In addition, it is an excellent way to provide our body with a good dose of folic acid and vitamins A, C and E.
- Its carbohydrate content is an important and natural source of energy that makes it highly recommended for children, athletes and those who suffer from chronic fatigue or fatigue.
- The soluble and insoluble fibers present in the banana are beneficial for lowering cholesterol and fighting constipation, and its alkaline properties will help us fight acidity and heartburn.
Recipes with banana
As if there were few reasons to eat a banana every day, this tasty and aromatic fruit is the star of sweet recipes for the whole family.
One of the most delicious ways to take advantage of all the benefits of the banana is by incorporating it into our juices, smoothies and milkshakes. From Via Nature we recommend our banana, oat and coconut juice , a nutritious and healthy drink that brings together all the flavor and benefits of these fruits with 0% added sugar!
If what you are looking for are sweet and natural desserts, try the flan, the meringue or the chocolate and banana cupcakes. This fruit is the perfect ingredient for exquisite recipes : biscuits, crepes, cookies or muffins that, in a simple way, will delight all palates.
Tasty, healthy and very easy to eat, you no longer have an excuse to incorporate bananas into your daily diet!