Acne is one of the most common skin conditions that affects people of all ages, genders and races. With so many treatment options out there, it’s important to understand which ones are effective and which ones aren’t. In this article, we’ll be exploring the effectiveness of collagen as an acne treatment option. Does Collagen Help with Acne?
Even though collagen supplements cannot technically “erase” old, deep-set acne scars, they can prevent the development of new acne and improve the healing of more recent scars-significantly improving your skin’s appearance.
Over time we lose firmness in this tissue that surrounds us, and stimulating the increase in collagen for the skin will cause us to look healthy and with juicy skin. Collagen is an essential blend of proteins, antioxidants, and vitamins; It is in charge of keeping parts of our body as important as skin or muscles firm and well united. This is due to its incredible connective power.
Benefits of collagen for the skin
The inexorable passage of time, the environmental conditions that surround us, the different exposures that we suffer, as well as our consumption habits, affect and influence the production or reduction of this element.
As we lose this substance, spots begin to appear on the dermis, flaccidity, wrinkles, etc. However, there are ways to contribute to the production of this important protein, greatly extending its useful life and, with it, your youth and beauty. Do you know what all its benefits are?
- It protects us from external agents. This element protects us from cold, sun or environmental pollution. In the same way, it provides moisture and deals with the nutrients that feed our dermis.
- Reduces wrinkles and expression lines. Collagen reduces the dreaded expression lines and improves the elasticity and firmness of the skin.
- Eliminate acne. Although this condition is associated with adolescence and hormonal changes, it can also appear in adulthood. Collagen for the skin helps reduce the appearance of pimples or reduce scars.
- Heals and heals wounds. This element accelerates the healing process.
- Attacks cellulite and flaccidity
Its properties improve the firmness and tension of the dermis and also combat orange peel skin. Collagen is great for sagging skin and gives great results.
How to avoid the reduction of collagen in the skin?
- Reduce sun exposure. Sun exposure is one of the main causes of collagen loss. That is why you have to avoid the hours in which the sun heats up more strongly and, always, with protection. It is necessary to use creams with a high protection factor even to go outside.
- Perform exercise. Physical activity is vital for general health and for the production of collagen for the skin in particular. A sedentary life reduces the production of this protein and other essential elements. Exercise promotes blood flow, hormone secretion, and oxygenation; which translates into innumerable benefits for our health.
- Add collagen-rich foods to your diet. A balanced diet is essential for all aspects of our life. Eating a varied and balanced diet will provide your body with obvious benefits.
For example, consuming foods that contain collagen and specifically the amino acid called Lysine will considerably stimulate the production of this protein.
When do you notice its effects on the skin?
It is advisable to take this product (in any of its formats) for three months. Then we must rest and after the indicated interval you can resume your consumption.
Skin changes usually appear after those first three months of treatment. It is then when the skin looks smoother, more luminous, even softer.
Where can we find collagen?
- Face cream : by applying a cream enriched with this protein molecule, you will get a much softer and moister dermis; you will give it a rejuvenated appearance.
- Hydrolyzed Collagen Capsules : it is the ideal food supplement for people with low levels of collagen. Its consumption favors and improves the signs of aging and promotes the recovery of bone tissue. Helps slow down skin aging and promotes natural protein synthesis. In addition, it improves the elasticity of the dermis and reduces spots.
- Powder: provides resistance and flexibility to tissues since it reduces and delays the effects of wear and loss of this protein. Helps stimulate and facilitate protein regeneration in joints, bones, cartilage tissue and, of course, skin. Reduces loss of bone mass and decalcification and prevents injuries and trauma.
- Liquid collagen : effective to improve the appearance of the dermis, hair and nails. It favors the normal maintenance of the bones, the normal functioning of the muscles, the synthesis of proteins and the reduction of fatigue and tiredness.
- Natural concentrated collagen capsule: with this supplement we will be replenishing the collagen lost throughout the day and we will be supporting and promoting cell regeneration to wake up with firmer and smoother skin.
No matter the format, the fundamental thing is to take it. The essential thing is that you ask your doctor or specialist to advise you and advise you which one is best for you.
The care we give our skin will be reflected over time. That’s why what you do today will be noticed tomorrow. To a balanced diet and the practice of some type of sport we must add this type of products that favor our well-being and physical appearance.