Calories in shawarma
The chicken shawarma sandwich contains 528 calories, while the meat shawarma sandwich contains 773 calories. It is worth noting that the calories in the shawarma sandwich vary according to the type of meat used, the method of cooking it, and vary according to the ingredients added to the sandwich.
The following points show how many calories are in different types of shawarma sandwiches:
- One chicken shawarma sandwich contains 528 calories.
- One beef shawarma sandwich contains 773 calories.
- One lamb shawarma sandwich contains 683 calories.
- One vegetable shawarma sandwich made with chickpeas contains 399 calories.
How to burn calories consumed from shawarma
Exercising helps to burn the calories consumed from the foods eaten, and the following points show some of the sports activities that help burn the calories gained by the body when eating a chicken shawarma sandwich that contains approximately 504 calories:
- 3 hours and 40 minutes of walking.
- 1 hour and 3 minutes of jogging or cycling.
- 1 hour and 28 minutes of swimming.
Shawarma content of nutrients
The shawarma sandwich contains many nutrients that are beneficial to health, due to its content of chicken and meat. The following is a list of the elements for each of them:
The chicken shawarma sandwich contains:
- Vitamin B6.
- Vitamin B3.
While the meat shawarma sandwich contains:
- Vitamin B12.
- Vitamin B3.
- Vitamin B6.
Tips for preparing shawarma in a healthy way
The following points explain some of the tips that can be followed to prepare a healthy shawarma dish:
- Filter chicken and meat from fat before putting them inside the bread.
- It is preferable to dispense with adding mayonnaise, or replace it with garlic sauce.
- It is preferable to use olive oil instead of saturated and other hydrogenated fats such as frying oil, butter, and others.
- It is preferable to prepare the shawarma sandwich using brown bread, rather than white.
- It is preferable to eat a shawarma sandwich with a plate of fresh vegetables.
Damages of eating too much shawarma sandwich
Eating large quantities of fast food, including the shawarma sandwich, may lead to many problems, including the following:
Depression: Eating fast foods and processed foods may increase your risk of depression.
Headache: Eating fast foods, which contain high levels of sodium, increases the incidence of headaches.
Skin pimples: Eating fast food rich in carbohydrates and fats increases the appearance of pimples on the skin and body.
Dental problems: Eating fast food rich in sugars increases the incidence of tooth decay.
Heart disease and stroke: Eating fast food increases cholesterol levels in the blood, increases blood pressure, and thus leads to an increased risk of heart disease and stroke.
Shortness of breath: Fast food is rich in calories, and this may lead to obesity, which causes shortness of breath.
High blood cholesterol: Fast food is rich in hydrogenated fats, which increase the level of harmful cholesterol in the blood.
High blood pressure: Fast food is very high in sodium, which increases blood pressure.
Weight gain: Fast food is high in calories, and thus weight gain.
Insulin resistance: Eating fast food leads to a sudden increase in insulin levels, which may lead to insulin resistance and increase the risk of type 2 diabetes.
Bloating: Because fast food is rich in sodium, which may lead to fluid retention in the body, and thus the feeling of bloating.